This blog post will “bless your heart.” You will walk away with a deeper meaning of life.
True confession. Summer is my 4th favorite season. All you summer peeps who get giddy about the lake, tank tops and the heat – well, good for you. It has taken me approximately 39 years to admit this earth shattering news. I have been in denial. Who doesn’t like summer? Apparently only people who have no soul. Some say that redheads do not have a soul. You know what else those same people aren’t saying? Redheads spontaneously combust when out in the sun for longer than 4 minutes.
Here is a list of what a person who has a soul (non-gingers) loves about summer:
- wearing almost no clothing because it is hot
- the heat
- going to the pool everyday because of heat
- getting tan because the sun is relentlessly beating down on the souls of summer lovers
- wearing chaco’s with dresses
- splash pads because sometimes it is hotter than 3 hells in the summer
- more things to do outside. in the heat.
Here is a list of what a person who has no soul (gingers) dislike about summer:
- chronic sunburn
- wearing zinc oxide that reminds you of when you were 5 and at the beach with your sun loving family
- wearing chaco’s with dresses because chaco’s make me feel like a man (sorry, but they do). I guess I have bigger issues than the sun.
If Ann Voskamp (1000gifts) happened to read this blog she would come have a heart to heart with me. So, for Ann’s sake and everyone else I’ll list what I am grateful for about today.
- I am grateful that I can paddle board and not combust
- I am grateful for hiding my chaco’s for half the year and dealing with my masculine issues
- I am grateful that the mosquitos will go back from the pit of you know where so I can swing on my porch and enjoy fall
- I am grateful for pumpkins, white lights, a breeze, warm drinks, hay rides, and CLOTHING.
- I am grateful that I can stand on my porch today, jump up and down, waving and yelling to summer, “Don’t let the door hit ya……”