Founder & President of With Inc
A Tennessee girl through and through, with a love for cities, nations and the Tennessee Vols, I love the diversity of how God created people. Hearing someone share their own story of life never gets old. I have been writing stories since the 3rd grade, so it makes sense that I would want to enter in to the story of what God is doing in the lives of those around me.
With a heart to listen, ask questions and be present to God, self and others, I am excited to launch With Inc in August of 2015. Over the past few years, I have become more comfortable with entering in to the pain, mess, confusion and questions of others. Maybe it was because I was forced to enter in to my own pain, mess, confusion and questions and learn to pay attention to the Spirit of God. I look forward to getting to know you and hearing about your own journey.
- Bachelor of Science from University of the Cumberlands
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling from Richmont Graduate University 2009
- Specializing in Spiritual Direction – attended Larry Crabb’s School of Spiritual Direction (2007) and NextStep (2011).
- Facilitated intensive outpatient group therapy and offered psycho-education for those suffering with addiction, mood disorders and mental illness.
- EMDR – Level 1 Training Certification
- Evangelism and discipleship
- Large group bible teaching
- Facilitating and leading small group studies
- Event planning
- Retreat, conference and seminar teaching
- Directing and shepherding ministry staff
- Counseling missionaries overseas
- Pioneered summer mission teams to New York City and Russia
- Served at Western Kentucky University and The University of Tennessee
- Coached ministry leaders to be more effective in their roles
- 18 years of campus ministry and member care experience
Beth has worked with Beth Wayland and With on numerous occasions and in many different contexts.
Beth F and Beth W (“the Beths”) have co-led regional workshops on emotional health, a MidSouth regional (staff/missionary?) women’s conference, and a small group soul care retreat for women in US campus ministry. They have also designed and facilitated international soul care retreats in Paris and London – for (female?) missionary leaders working overseas.
Beth F is a shepherd. She’s passionate about developing people holistically and is specifically attuned to ministry leaders and missionaries. Beth F is herself a ministry leader and in her 25 years has experienced the gamut of stages and seasons – from zeal to apathy to renewal to burnout (<-too many words?). Beth enjoys offering language that can help people more fully embrace the way God has designed them – both their strengths and limitations. She believes deeply in rhythms of work and rest and play. She is a counselor and ministry leader in Nashville.
Casey is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist working in private practice at Elbow Tree Christian Counseling in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Casey worked for several years in high school and college ministry. Early on, it seemed clear that her favorite part of working in ministry was coming alongside young women and walking with them through their questions, pain, joy and grief. Attending Richmont Graduate University allowed her to learn more about how to integrate her faith with a knowledge of how our bodies and brains were created, the role emotions play in our physical and mental health, and practical ways to move toward healing and growth in our lives. While at RGU, she took a class on healthy sexuality and realized that there is a serious lack of people willing to talk openly about healthy sexuality, expectations and what to do if things aren’t “going right.” That led to pursuing a specialization in Christian Sex Therapy in her time in grad school. Casey has experience in helping others walk through anxiety and depression, grief, sexual brokenness and shame, burn out and crises of faith. She also has experience in helping couples, individuals and teams navigate conflict and reconciliation in a healthy way. She and her husband, Barry, have a son, Noah and a golden doodle, Bleeker. She loves Jesus, her family, coffee, Harry Potter and Alabama football.